JudoForum.com: People in Judo i´d like to thank - JudoForum.com

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

People in Judo i´d like to thank A list of people who have made judo a lifetime sport for me Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   themurph 

• Judo Forum Rokkyu
  • Icon
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 13 October 2011 - 12:35 PM

Hi All
I.m in a bar in St Pere Pescador with nothing to do - so I thohgt I would list the people who have made judo a passion for me for the last 50 odd years. Firstly I apologise for the fact that the list is heavily male dominated but that´s the way it has been.

The people on the list are all known to me personally to a greater or lesser degree,so it is not a list of the great and the good - although some of those appear. It is in loosely chronological order. I reserve the right to add those that I have forgotten and apologise in advance for ommisions.

This list has no meaning other than to make public my thanks. It is mainly British players - It should by rights be on the BJA forum - but some nit-wit closed it down. (unless it has been opened agained - I really can´t be bothered to look). They are people who I think have added to my enjoyment of the sport for one reason or another.

Thank you:

Kevin Murphy

Peter Donnelly
Tony Underwood
Bob Trevis
Dave Law
Roy Muller
Angelo Parisi
Les Hudspith
Keith Cannaby
Ronnie Knight
Dave Walker
Pete Barnett
Chris Adams
Neil Adams
Niki Adams
Kenny Webber
Malcolm Collins
Peter Ash
Bruce Newcombe
Jonny Griffiths
Roy Whitacre
Stan Rouse
Keith Merrick
Colin Draycott
John Oliver
Mike Jackson
Tony Tittle
Pete Ruddle
Kevin Sauntry
John Davenport
Paul Ransome
Richard Barraclough
Steve Pullen
Tony Maconnell
Steve Gawthorpe
Peter Murphy
Norman Grundy
Pat Roach
Dennis Stewart
Elliot Stewart
Lewis Stuart
Max Stuart
David Logan
Ben Fletcher
Jack Kelly
Joey Murphy
Josh Plant
Charlie Bizley
Connor Murphy
Jordan Ivory-Birtles
Phil Hudson
Phil Smith
Sebastian Morgan Green
Jack Webb
Billy Webb
Les Eacock
Andy Marshall
John Byford
Joe Johnson
Mark Donnelly
Tom Byford

I now wish I hadn´t started this as there are so many more - but this will do for a start

Chris Murphy

This post has been edited by themurph: 13 October 2011 - 12:36 PM

#2 User is offline   Tafftaz 

• Judo Forum Yondan
  • Icon
  • Group: Special Members

Posted 13 October 2011 - 06:39 PM

Tony MaConell taught my dad judo. They became good friends when my father found him work.
I got concussed fighting Dave Walker years ago :big grin:

#3 User is offline   jasmine 

Posted 19 June 2012 - 10:56 PM

My dad is Bob Trevis and he is a true inspiration in everything I do. I am so proud to see my dad's name on this list x

#4 User is offline   jasmine 

Posted 19 June 2012 - 10:58 PM

My dad is Bob Trevis and he is a true inspiration in everything I do. I am so proud to see his name on this list x

#5 User is offline   Nigel 

• Judo Forum Rokkyu
  • Icon
  • Group: Special Members

Posted 20 June 2012 - 01:21 AM

View Postthemurph, on 13 October 2011 - 12:35 PM, said:

Hi All
I.m in a bar in St Pere Pescador with nothing to do - so I thohgt I would list the people who have made judo a passion for me for the last 50 odd years. Firstly I apologise for the fact that the list is heavily male dominated but that´s the way it has been.

The people on the list are all known to me personally to a greater or lesser degree,so it is not a list of the great and the good - although some of those appear. It is in loosely chronological order. I reserve the right to add those that I have forgotten and apologise in advance for ommisions.

This list has no meaning other than to make public my thanks. It is mainly British players - It should by rights be on the BJA forum - but some nit-wit closed it down. (unless it has been opened agained - I really can´t be bothered to look). They are people who I think have added to my enjoyment of the sport for one reason or another.

Thank you:

Kevin Murphy

Peter Donnelly
Tony Underwood
Bob Trevis
Dave Law
Roy Muller
Angelo Parisi
Les Hudspith
Keith Cannaby
Ronnie Knight
Dave Walker
Pete Barnett
Chris Adams
Neil Adams
Niki Adams
Kenny Webber
Malcolm Collins
Peter Ash
Bruce Newcombe
Jonny Griffiths
Roy Whitacre
Stan Rouse
Keith Merrick
Colin Draycott
John Oliver
Mike Jackson
Tony Tittle
Pete Ruddle
Kevin Sauntry
John Davenport
Paul Ransome
Richard Barraclough
Steve Pullen
Tony Maconnell
Steve Gawthorpe
Peter Murphy
Norman Grundy
Pat Roach
Dennis Stewart
Elliot Stewart
Lewis Stuart
Max Stuart
David Logan
Ben Fletcher
Jack Kelly
Joey Murphy
Josh Plant
Charlie Bizley
Connor Murphy
Jordan Ivory-Birtles
Phil Hudson
Phil Smith
Sebastian Morgan Green
Jack Webb
Billy Webb
Les Eacock
Andy Marshall
John Byford
Joe Johnson
Mark Donnelly
Tom Byford

I now wish I hadn´t started this as there are so many more - but this will do for a start

Chris Murphy

Had some great times in Stoke with Pete Ruddle (and Mac Smith)in the mid 70's. I also remember Tony Tittle. Nigel

This post has been edited by Nigel: 20 June 2012 - 01:23 AM

#6 User is offline   Dew 

• Judo Forum Yondan
  • Icon
  • Group: Validating

Posted 20 June 2012 - 07:31 AM

View Postthemurph, on 13 October 2011 - 01:35 PM, said:

Hi All

I only know Steve Pullen - I used to train with him in Manchester -- great teacher and very humorous. Did you ever meet Aki ?
“The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence.”
― Charles Bukowski

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic